Focused mediation is defined as a state of mind in which you focus on a certain object that enables you to practice your attention in a single thing – something like a word or a phrase, a geometrical figure, a candle flame, or simple actions such as inhale and exhale.
We all experience a stress in our lives. We can experience stress from work, family issues or social interactions with individuals you meet.
With Mindfulness Meditation, you will embark in achieving an awareness of your cognitive perceptions. Becoming aware of these cognitive perceptions can help you to relieve stress by realizing that most of our stress is coming from perceptions that are disempowering and unconscious. Generally, the stress you encounter has less to do with what you experience and more to do with how you perceive and interpret life's events at a mostly unconscious level.
The following are techniques developed over for Meditation and obtaining more mindful awareness:
- Repeating 3 meaningful words or phrases.
- Mindful awareness of the present moment.
- Counting your breath
- Paying attention to the flow of sensations in your body.
- Cultivation of love, kindness, compassion, forgiveness, and other healing emotions.
- Concentration on geometric shape or other visual objects.
- Visualizations of a peaceful place of healing energy or entity.
- Reading and reflecting upon inspirational or sacred writings.
- Gazing at a picture of a holy being or a saint.
- Chanting praises to the Divine.
. To help you find the motivation to begin a mindfulness and meditation practice, here are some of the benefits:
- Stronger focus and Concentration.
- Reduced tension, anxiety, and stress.
- Clear thinking and less emotional turmoil.
- Lower blood pressure and cholesterol.
- Support in kicking addictions and other self-defeating behaviors.
- Greater creativity and enhanced performance in work and play.
- Increased self-understanding and self-acceptance.
- More joy, love, and spontaneity.
- Greater intimacy with friends and family members.
- Deeper sense of meaning and purpose.
- Glimpses of a spiritual dimension of being.
Looking at these great benefits, you may see the value that they hold for you. You can also experience contentment during your regular meditation practices after you diminish your stress, improve your health and feel the greater well – being.